The Modern Jazz Pianist
is the software that makes it too easy to learn how to be a great jazz pianist. Top studio musicians Renee Rosnes, Miles Black, Ron Johnston, and Brad Turner perform over 50 tunes in a wide variety of modern jazz styles, such as those by Herbie Hancock, Fred Hersch, Cedar Walton, Mulgrew Miller and many
With the on-screen piano keyboard, you can see exactly what the pianist is playing. Slow down the piece or step through it chord by chord. Learn the music "note for note" by watching the notes on screen, or load the MIDI files into your favorite programs for further study.
The Modern Jazz Pianist includes on-screen music notation & chord symbols
(Windows version only)
All pieces are complete performances artistically played, recorded & saved as Standard MIDI files
All the pieces have been recorded "in real time" by top jazz/studio pianists on an 88 note weighted MIDI piano keyboard. They are never quantized or step
You'll hear the music playing with CD-quality through your sound card or MIDI system, just as if the pianist was in your home.
Wide variety of Modern Jazz Piano styles
- Listen to solo virtuoso piano performances in styles reminiscent of Herbie Hancock, Fred Hersch, Cedar Walton, Mulgrew Miller and more. We've covered all the bases!
- Special support for Roland GS or General MIDI modules
- Sound Canvas/SCC1 or other General MIDI modules can use the built in mixer to change volumes/patches/panning/ reverb/chorus/tuning. Also supports non-General MIDI interfaces with drum kits for over 40 synths built in!
- Listen to the music while you work in other programs
- Playback continues in the background of other programs so you can listen to your favorite music while you work. Since the pieces are saved as Standard MIDI files, you can use these fabulous performances in your other music programs.
- Use your existing sound card or MIDI synthesizer
- Play the music back through your existing MIDI synthesizer, digital piano or sound module. Windows users can playback through their SoundCard (Roland, SoundBlaster,
- Modern Jazz Trivia Game
- Program Notes
- Modern Jazz Pianist Biographies
- Adjustable Notation
- Everything is on disk
- And much more...
Windows (IBM): 4MB RAM, Windows 3x, 95/98 Sound Card (Roland, Soundblaster, etc.) or MIDI Interface.
Macintosh: 4MB RAM System 6, 7, or 8 MIDI Interface &